Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Home Grown

After reading Dave's post about the deliciousness he served up using local peaches (and delicious it was, I got a jar of that chutney), I was fiending to get some close-to-home grown produce. After living on an island with minimal farms for a year, the idea of eating locally usually meant getting a beef patty at Crandall's. Being back in the motherland, I am even more excited about all the freshness our local soil will be generating this harvest season. I picked up a real nice basket of local tomatoes, a bunch of leeks and a bag of beets that I'm really looking forward to getting delicious with. Yes, beets, those dirty yet vibrantly coloured morsels that turn your pee red and are frequently found in the pickled form. Check back soon for the culinary chaos that will ensue.

1 comment:

  1. Shit I love beets. I'm stoked to see what you're going to make... I'm making a beet/orange/arugula and goat cheese salad for dins this eve. Mmmmmmmm..... beeeeeeeets.

    ReplyDelete